Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

I think one of the best reasons for me personally is my being involved in many early developmental stages for a wide spectrum of products. Also, with their flex time system having a Friday off every other week makes me wonder how I'll ever work without it.

Cons

It is very bureaucratic and things tend to trickle down or up a long way before anything actually gets resolved, accomplished, etc. But I think because of its nature, things are very systematic and you're never standing still wondering what the next step is since there is procedures and guidelines to everything, though that may be both a good and bad thing.

Be more open minded.

1862 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Learn to be a King, but dont stay too long.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Lots of opportunities to find internal jobs, though not neccesarily any easier to obtain than the outside world unless you have connections. Good place to network and learn how things are done the right way. Opportunities for mentorship abound for junior engineers.

Cons

You are truly more of a number compared to smaller companies. Decisions made at a senior management level dont neccesarily reflect or support the smaller department goals. Getting additional money for R&D, infrastructure, can be very difficult.

Provide better transparency, reward successful groups by allowing them to grow and support long term growth.

It's a good job and a stable place to work

Current Employee - Subcontract Administrator IV in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Subcontract Administrator IV in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Northrop Grumman is a good job. It's very stable, and there are some opportunities to challenge yourself if you look for them. You are exposed to a wide variety of projects so there are opportunities to learn new things if you want to spend the time doing some research on your own. The best reason to work here are the people. It feels like family.

Cons

Some of the management doesn't comminicate as effectively as they could. Also training opportunities can be hit or miss. Some years there is a large training budget, and some years it's nonexistant. It does seem to be better suited for mid career people that entry level people

Communicate with your employees more

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman