There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Design Engineer

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Woodland Hills, UT
Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Woodland Hills, UT

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company uses cutting edge technology throughout and offers expertise in all areas.

Cons

Must make you own opportunities.

Share the business vision with design folk consistently.

1747 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Company with a defense-only mindset, nice people, reasonable pay

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is acceptable for the services rendered. People are nice and seem family oriented unless they are one of the "workaholic" class that exists herein. Many people are genuine and enjoy helping others. This is a good place to work but expect to move around if you want your pay to remain commensurate with your worth and responsibility.

Cons

No good deed goes unpunished here. If you work hard, you get ALOT more work. If you don't work hard you can limp along until retirement by doing the bare minimum. For those of us who want to contribute and advance it can be frustrating securing a raise and moving up, even when a graduate degree is obtained. Pay increases are pretty sad and don't even keep up with inflation which is why most employees I know have moved out of the company and returned after a few years.

Focus on not demanding more than 50 hrs/week of employees, especially the talented high-performing ones. We will move on to better environments as opportunities present themselves frequently. Raises and advancement after graduate school is completed should be substantial and enough to where employees don't have to wait the 12 months required after graduation only to kick the door open and receive the raise they have earned. Stay positive and diversify the company into commercial markets to weather defense cuts.

Great for short term plan and fresh from College -- longevity is not rewarded!

Former Employee - Buyer Specialist  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Buyer Specialist in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is really hard to find them...

Cons

It's obviously called WORK for a reason! Not that I mind hard work... I don't! I gave my 150-200% all the time! But it always seemed the more you did, the more they gave you... without any compensation or thanks in the process. Most of the employees are being stretched too far-- Ones with good work ethic are undermined and railroaded . Too many favorites... the rest will die trying. And nothing seems to change. Past 3-4 yrs of annual layoffs really undermine employee morale.. which is still at an All-time low!!

Too much middle managment still... even with all the layoffs! Certain depts still maintain the Good 'ole Boy mentality! Take a good look at who really does the work.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!