Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great company to advance your career

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with - military friendly - a lot of room for advancement. This organization has a lot of room for growth although it is well established - but as always - it's all about knowing the right people.

Cons

Politics of working for a Government contractor include government red-tape. This means your contracts may be cut short at any time. Be sure to get in to several projects and have your foot in the door at all times.

Ensure your top engineers that their jobs are guaranteed regardless of what contracts may be expiring soon.

1896 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

awesome.... great company to work for

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay good people good company

Cons

reliant on the government for contracts

Lead by example

Unbelievable.

Former Employee - Sructures Mechanic in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Sructures Mechanic in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Northrop Grumman as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the people were very friendly and helpful. Pay was decent. I liked the 4-10's schedule.

Cons

I happened to end up with probably the most unfriendly leadman I'd ever encountered in my entire contracting career. Every time I asked him a question, he was very irritated, and acted like I was asking too much. I guess it's wrong to expect leadership from a leader at NG. I'd ask him where a part was located and he would simply scowl at me and tell me to go look for it. Like I'm supposed to know. Another thing is that if this place really expects to improve it's productivity, the workers shouldn't have to engage in a multi building search for the parts called out on their parts list. They should be kitted like every other OEM does. After two weeks, they actually terminated me. The supervisor told me that my leadman told him that I "lacked initiative". LOL. Every time I finished a project and asked this lead man for another job, he would get irritated with me for making him get up from his desk. And I thought I showed him plenty of initiative when I cleaned off his work bench while he played solitare on his computer. And how I was fired was also over the top. Instead of the supervisor contacting me directly, he had my contracting house call me to tell me I was fired. There was no communication with me at all. No chance to tell my side of it whatsoever. I don't know. I've never been fired before in 28 years of contracting. Maybe that's how it's done.

My advice to management would be to update the Huff station database to reflect what's actually in them, and make an effort to at least have the needed parts in the same building as the assembly being built. And it really would be nice if you gave your contractors a chance to redress a grievance other than the one way, good 'ol boy method. If you're a contractor reading this, I hope you end up with better supervision than I was unlucky enough to end up with. I'm sure they're out there, somewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman