There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Even as an intern, I was put in the position to make a big impact on the project."

Current Intern - Intern in Huntsville, AL
Current Intern - Intern in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

They treat their interns like full-time employees and expect a lot out of them. In turn, they put a lot of trust in their interns. Take this job if you enjoy having a direction, but getting to make a lot of the shots as to how to complete the project.

Cons

There was not a very good intern program in Huntsville. They had intern events that were alright, but there were no fun activities or organized intern outings.

reviews filtered by
  1. It was a good learning experience.

Former Employee - Hardware Engineer II in Silverdale, WA
    Former Employee - Hardware Engineer II in Silverdale, WA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Shift work is not optional.

Company with a defense-only mindset, nice people, reasonable pay

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is acceptable for the services rendered. People are nice and seem family oriented unless they are one of the "workaholic" class that exists herein. Many people are genuine and enjoy helping others. This is a good place to work but expect to move around if you want your pay to remain commensurate with your worth and responsibility.

Cons

No good deed goes unpunished here. If you work hard, you get ALOT more work. If you don't work hard you can limp along until retirement by doing the bare minimum. For those of us who want to contribute and advance it can be frustrating securing a raise and moving up, even when a graduate degree is obtained. Pay increases are pretty sad and don't even keep up with inflation which is why most employees I know have moved out of the company and returned after a few years.

Focus on not demanding more than 50 hrs/week of employees, especially the talented high-performing ones. We will move on to better environments as opportunities present themselves frequently. Raises and advancement after graduate school is completed should be substantial and enough to where employees don't have to wait the 12 months required after graduation only to kick the door open and receive the raise they have earned. Stay positive and diversify the company into commercial markets to weather defense cuts.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman