Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Even as an intern, I was put in the position to make a big impact on the project."

Current Employee - Intern in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Intern in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They treat their interns like full-time employees and expect a lot out of them. In turn, they put a lot of trust in their interns. Take this job if you enjoy having a direction, but getting to make a lot of the shots as to how to complete the project.

Cons

There was not a very good intern program in Huntsville. They had intern events that were alright, but there were no fun activities or organized intern outings.

1855 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Unbelievable.

Former Employee - Sructures Mechanic in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Sructures Mechanic in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Northrop Grumman as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the people were very friendly and helpful. Pay was decent. I liked the 4-10's schedule.

Cons

I happened to end up with probably the most unfriendly leadman I'd ever encountered in my entire contracting career. Every time I asked him a question, he was very irritated, and acted like I was asking too much. I guess it's wrong to expect leadership from a leader at NG. I'd ask him where a part was located and he would simply scowl at me and tell me to go look for it. Like I'm supposed to know. Another thing is that if this place really expects to improve it's productivity, the workers shouldn't have to engage in a multi building search for the parts called out on their parts list. They should be kitted like every other OEM does. After two weeks, they actually terminated me. The supervisor told me that my leadman told him that I "lacked initiative". LOL. Every time I finished a project and asked this lead man for another job, he would get irritated with me for making him get up from his desk. And I thought I showed him plenty of initiative when I cleaned off his work bench while he played solitare on his computer. And how I was fired was also over the top. Instead of the supervisor contacting me directly, he had my contracting house call me to tell me I was fired. There was no communication with me at all. No chance to tell my side of it whatsoever. I don't know. I've never been fired before in 28 years of contracting. Maybe that's how it's done.

My advice to management would be to update the Huff station database to reflect what's actually in them, and make an effort to at least have the needed parts in the same building as the assembly being built. And it really would be nice if you gave your contractors a chance to redress a grievance other than the one way, good 'ol boy method. If you're a contractor reading this, I hope you end up with better supervision than I was unlucky enough to end up with. I'm sure they're out there, somewhere.

Very Professional, leading edge company.

Current Employee - Facilities Project Manager in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Facilities Project Manager in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Northrop Grumman is a leader in the aerospace industry. The company is growing and treats it's employees with respect and is very professional. I find that nearly everybody that I work with enjoys working with NG and many have been here their entire careers.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to get an overall handle on what the company is doing regarding what programs. However, this is due to security reasons. I would like more ability to look ahead and plan career growth.

Keep employees informed of changes that will affect them. Provide more feedback on job performance and expectations.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman