There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman IT is a great place to work as long as you are covered on a contract.

Current Employee - Software Development V in Fairborn, OH
Current Employee - Software Development V in Fairborn, OH

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Pay, benefits, flexible work hours. Interesting and challenging work. Decent tools. The pension plan is one of the few I'm aware of within the industry. 401k offers matching up to 3 or 4%. They are now offering a health plan named Lumenos by Blue Cross Blue Shield which my family has really liked. Its the best health care plan I have had in many years. Company is making an effort to standardize across all organizations.

Cons

Company is very segmented making the work environment inconsistent between organizations and programs. People can be parochial resisting looking outside of their immediate work groups. This makes moving between organizations more difficult.

You are slipping into a bodyshop mentality. You say how important retention is but the people who execute the business (line management) are not incentivised to pick up people from projects that are ending. For example, I see people let go because of contracts ending yet other organizations hiring from the outside at the same time.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good place to work, striving to be a great place...

Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Job stability and working conditions. Excellent people.

Cons

Conservative culture, and somewhat bureaucratic at times...

Take more risks!

2. NGIT is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Outstanding Ethics! Good pay, lots of smart people win us new work. Plus, there is a diverse range of positions and skills needed so it is relatively easy to move between Sectors if yu gain new skills or are looking for a location change.

Cons

No real help finding other internal opportunities when projects end. Tend to hire external vs. internal.

HIRE INTERNALLY!!! The people on overhead are already working here!

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman