Northrop Grumman
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Northrop Grumman Engineering Internship Review

Engineer (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman as an intern for less than a year

ProsNorthrop spends a lot of time and money on their internship program. They facilitate camaraderie among interns by providing numerous speaker/lunch/travel opportunities . If you are ambitious and hardworking, you can land a meaningful project worth writing about on your resume. Overall, I had a great experience at Northrop. Every other Friday is off and the hourly wage is very competitive!

ConsThe company is slow and stogy. If you do not align ideologically with the defense industry, you may find yourself in an uncomfortable position. Your internship experience is highly contingent upon your managers enthusiasm for the program. First weeks can be slow... but it takes initiative to make your experience worthwhile!

A good company

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Chantilly, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: health benefits were very good and the company has on site health… Cons: Not too green thinking or eco friendly, insisted on using fluorscent bulbs and… Advice to Senior Management: Be proactive in bringing back employees after contract ends. Be more up front about contract end dates and not secretive. Use more telecommuting, people traveled… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its ok company depending on contract

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: ok for some but not me Cons: they talk out of both sides of their mouths Advice to Senior Management: none as they will not listen anyway No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.