There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

NGC Review

Former Employee - Engineer  in  La Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Engineer in La Mesa, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very reputable company that covers wide range of advanced technologies

Cons

There is none of cons.

Modern apporaches in solving problems can save lot of money/time

1747 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Decent benefits, low raises, "you are lucky to have a job mentality" until you put in your notice to leave.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company and you can get lost in the sauce. Benefits are standard but are decreasing never increasing.

Cons

Medical coverage cost went up every year, raises were low, does not like to move contractor employees to new positions, would rather hire from outside. They have a lot of people that are "stuck" working there as they can't find better without losing accrued leave time.

If someone qualifies for a different position, let them move to it rather than make them stay in a position that drives them to leave the company.

Unbelievable.

Former Employee - Sructures Mechanic  in  Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Sructures Mechanic in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Northrop Grumman as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people were very friendly and helpful. Pay was decent. I liked the 4-10's schedule.

Cons

I happened to end up with probably the most unfriendly leadman I'd ever encountered in my entire contracting career. Every time I asked him a question, he was very irritated, and acted like I was asking too much. I guess it's wrong to expect leadership from a leader at NG. I'd ask him where a part was located and he would simply scowl at me and tell me to go look for it. Like I'm supposed to know. Another thing is that if this place really expects to improve it's productivity, the workers shouldn't have to engage in a multi building search for the parts called out on their parts list. They should be kitted like every other OEM does. After two weeks, they actually terminated me. The supervisor told me that my leadman told him that I "lacked initiative". LOL. Every time I finished a project and asked this lead man for another job, he would get irritated with me for making him get up from his desk. And I thought I showed him plenty of initiative when I cleaned off his work bench while he played solitare on his computer. And how I was fired was also over the top. Instead of the supervisor contacting me directly, he had my contracting house call me to tell me I was fired. There was no communication with me at all. No chance to tell my side of it whatsoever. I don't know. I've never been fired before in 28 years of contracting. Maybe that's how it's done.

My advice to management would be to update the Huff station database to reflect what's actually in them, and make an effort to at least have the needed parts in the same building as the assembly being built. And it really would be nice if you gave your contractors a chance to redress a grievance other than the one way, good 'ol boy method. If you're a contractor reading this, I hope you end up with better supervision than I was unlucky enough to end up with. I'm sure they're out there, somewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!