There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Tough place to be successful

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big, stable company. The checks don't bounce. Decent benefits, though in Jul;y 2012 they drastically increased the cost to employees for health insurance. This COULD BE a great place to work.

Cons

All internal processes must comply with federal gov't standards and requirements, regardless of whether or not you are working on a fed project. As a result, working at NG is just like working at the DOD or any federal agency. Red tape, bureaucratic infighting and ridiculously complex and convoluted internal processes stifle the ability to get things done in a timely fashion. The customer is almost an afterthought to NG. Since I've been here, we've lost more deals due to our own internal incompetence and inability to deliver a timely proposal response than we have lost to genuine competition.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I worked there for 35.5yrs and enjoyed all of the challenges and opportunities.

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A high technology company, involved in the business of maintaining our national security: IT, Avionics, unmanned vehicles, city infrastructures and many more. A great company for the new graduates and early career individuals with fantastic opportuniies for advancement.

Cons

It depends on US government contracts for the majority of its business. Northrop Grumman is uncertain of the funding and how it will affect current programs.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you have done so well.

2. Great Company, but questionable employees.

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Government Contractor Matching 401k Lots of Vacation Lots of Personal Time

Cons

Northrop Grumman is a government contracting company, so your work environment depends on your project. The crew I was working with was awful. Some of the coworkers were bullies, management was incompetent and could careless about your personal life. One of the most stressful environments I've ever been in. Discrimination for not serving in the military runs rampant and you'll treated like a second rate citizen. Learned very little for working on the project for years. Promotions are non-existent unless you're prior military and have favoritism from upper management.