Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,514 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Cool projects, poor leadership.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYour work revolves around state of the art aerospace/defense projects. Access to a laboratory environment. Programs are very stable and can offer a long and rewarding assignment.

ConsPay is significantly lower than software engineers make in commercial industries. Like most defense contractors, Northrop Grumman seems to be ~10 years behind the trend when it comes to process, technology, and management style. Programs can be top heavy, with layers of management and overrun with stubborn "senior" engineers who refuse to retire.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove a layer of management from both the project and functional organizations. Identify top performing talent and pay them to stay.

Don't stay with them too long

Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Flexible work schedule - Decent amount of PTO - Average benefits Cons: - Too many middle managers that eat up all of your projects funding - Promotions are based on years… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Typical Defense contractor company

Engineer Systems Test (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flex Time, job security, OT pay, education assistance. Cons: Zero pipeline for growth, poor work atmosphere, Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.