There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great place to start out, however once you get some experience you need to move on…

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Linthicum, MD
Current Employee - Program Manager in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Chance to move around and work on different projects
- Great job security (i.e. if competent, then low risk of losing your job)
- I always like to say, "Northrop is a great place for a job, but not a career."

Cons

- Poor communication (very little information flows down from management)
- Poor management (company seems very interested in promoting engineers that make horrible people managers)
- Reactive not proactive (company reacts to market, rather than define it)
- Company does not value employees (few promotions, lower salaries, etc.). If you want valued, then go to a smaller company where your actions directly impact the company.

1743 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

I solid set of peers with high levels of knowledge and experience, but little corporate regard for employees.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot's of exposure to interesting products and design activities. Large base of highly skilled and engaging engineers willing to share their knowledge with peers and juniors.

Cons

Overworked with little concern for overall well being both as an individual or employee. Poor benefit and compensation package.

Used to be a great company, now is terrible. It is so terrible I am 29 and took a voluntary layoff!

Former Employee - Procurement Analyst  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Procurement Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in procurement and the people were great (not management though). Also there is a bar down the street to have a couple beers at lunch so you can get through the day. Pay and benefits were ok.

Cons

Basically everything. The company still thinks they are in the 80's. If you are a young person you will not be a manager for 30 years. Way too many levels of management and I do not know how most of these managers were hired. If you have drive and ambitious then say goodbye to it. Nothing is efficient, you have to get a signature for anything you do. Management thinks they know all and will not listen to the low level peasants of the company. There is a reason why Boeing and Lockheed are ahead of Northrop. Once most of the good old boys club of Northrop retires then maybe it will improve. If you are lazy and want someone to make terrible decisions for you then this is the company for you.

Stop laying off lower level employees and start laying off management. Whatever your first instinct is then do the opposite!

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!