Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,516 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Not the place for folks with ambition/vision

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood work/life balance. Allows for flexible work hours. Education assistance is available with training on and off site.

ConsBureaucratic and slow to promote achievers. Management overall lack leadership. Currently in a declining industry for the next ten years. Projects/programs can be severely hampered by government auditors.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more power and accountability to lower management. Discision making is too high up to be timely and effective, causing lower to middle management to become bureaucratic administrators rather than leaders.

A good place to start a career but a lot of luck is necessary to reach the best programs and upper echelon.

Software Engineer II (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than a year

Pros: As a large company it provides various opportunities for engineers early in their careers to try out different roles and a position that fits with… Cons: Access to the best opportunities requires a combination of luck and ninja networking tactics to get noticed by senior engineers or program managers. Top performers… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline the process for approval of research projects and submission for outside publication. The performance review process should be administered by a direct supervisor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's a great company to work for.

Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits, great salary, work with great people. I have been able to… Cons: Some of the management is a little out of touch. The vacation policy is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.