Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,629 reviews
www.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

A great career experience while helping to construct the nation's largest defense platform - Aircraft Carriers.

Program Manager - IT (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

ProsI retired recently after almost 35 years. I worked the entire time at Newport News Shipbuilding which NG spun off as a separate corporation. Working at NNS allowed me to have multiple careers in various disciplines while remaining in one location while making above average salary and benefits. Your potential is only limited by the restraints you place on yourself. NG and NNS were always open to trying a different route if you were not having success on your current path. You just had to ask and support your rationale for the change.

ConsPromotion above the supervisor and manager level are limited simply due to fewer available high level positions. If you have your sights set on being a Director, Vice President or CEO, your odds become very slim after age 35 unless you have become one of the "chosen few". If you have to ask yourself whether you are or aren't, then you aren't.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a larger non-managerial advancement path for those not able to reach senior management positions. You need more "fellow" positions.

Good place to work

Subcontracts Administrator I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great place to work, the take care of their employees and want to keep you working for them. Good benefits including insurance and retirement.… Cons: Unstable environment because of the nature of the business in working with government contracts. the pay scale has been reduced… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

NGC use to be a good place to work.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Have off every other Friday Cons: very little room for advancement. Many benefits being taken away. Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the dead wood. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.