Reasons to choose Northrop Grumman

Former Employee - Database Architect  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Database Architect in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has great benefits, good pay, and the managers treat you like a person instead of like a tool that makes them money. They allow lattitude in career decisions and reward people who go beyond expectations. The best company I've worked for in my 31 years doing computer work.

Cons

This is a large company, so there are requirements that are necessary from regulations the government puts on companies. One example: I never would have any reason to export anything, but still had to complete annual export control training. Once the company lost the contract I was on, they didn't have anything else local to my home. They offered to move me to the DC or Atlanta areas for postions they had there, but I couldn't move as I have family in NC. I am within an hours drive to Raleigh, RTP, and Ft. Bragg, yet they had no openings. I urged them to bid on DoD work, but their response was that's a different division.

Bid on more data work in the Raleigh, RTP, and Ft. Bragg areas. There's lots of opportunities for contracts, and being a great company, they could retain employees. Keep up the great work training managers to treat the workers at client sites as people. Keep rewarding people who go the extra mile.

Other Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good benefits and supportive coworkers.

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large company can move you around if you need to. They have good benefits and flexible time off. Good orientation and onboarding program.

Cons

Government contract dependent and could lose federal funding. Management structure is a little confusing.

Keep up the good work and continue getting employee feedback via surveys.

good company, but bureaucratic

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Irving, TX

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

big company, good benefits, opportunities to move around to different contracts.

Cons

since it is a little bureaucratic, moving up may not be based on your skills.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!