Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good entry level job but very bureaucratic company

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

People were very friendly and willing to help me with anything. Management allowed me to experiment and make an impact on the project I was working on.

Cons

Work is sometimes very slow and there was a lot of self-learning involved. Average age of employees there was about 30 years older than myself, so not many people to relate to.

1906 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Solving the Government's Hard Problems

Former Employee - Manager Capture Management
    Former Employee - Manager Capture Management

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Specifically for the IS Sector, the work is very interesting. We solve the Government's hard problems, so the work is always challenging and interesting.

Cons

The current downturn in the defense industry, which is expected to cut budgets by anywhere from 10% to 20%.

In a big company it's easy to for people and business units to feel like cogs in a big wheel. Employees work hard when they feel that the company is investing in them and cares about them, and they are likely to return the favor with a work ethic that is beneficial to the company.

educational

Former Employee - General Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - General Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to meet and work with some very nice and professional people.

Cons

My position was not looked at as a worth-while position, as a result, I and my fellow Drafters were not given the chance to show what we were able to do. My position was eliminated.

Just because a person has a degree, doesn't mean that they know how to do a particular job, but if a person has been doing that particular job for a long period of time, they probably know what they are doing. there is no substitute for experience, really.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman