There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Incompetent Management, No incentive for Out-performer,

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

9/80 schedule
telework once or twice a week for those who live far away

Cons

*Incompetent management
- - They try to come up with all kinds of metrics to measure your work, but the metrics do not accurately measure your performance or justify your existense, and therefore, annual review not necessarily reflects the truth
-- I've worked under different managers through out the years, more than half of them have don't care attitude and out of touch with the employees

*Morale / work ethnic
-- Some employees are not motivated to do work. Maybe due to low annual raise and incompetent management
-- Sometimes even out performers feel unmotivated and discouraged because of incompetent management and low incentive

*Lower pay rate for software engineer comparing to the market rate in California

*Reduce benefits from here and there every year. They even discontinue providing bottle drinking water and just install crappy filter in the drinking fountain. Yes, it gets to that cheap.

*CEO got 26 million dollar salary in 2011 while laid off a bunch of people in past few years.

The only way to find out who is doing the work is by talking to your employees in person, finding out what they are working on. Not by simply looking at the numbers!!!
Show appreciation to hard working, motivated, talented employees or they will go elsewhere.

1745 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Typical Aerospace Defense Company to work at

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Large company with opportunities for movement

Cons

Thankless job for long hours and high expectations

Listen to; support and appreciate your worker bees.

Short and uneventful

Former Employee - Intern  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in McLean, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay as I was still in high school. Hours were flexible. I basically came and went as I wanted, but didn't accomplish much in the end.

Cons

Supervisor didn't really know what he wanted me to do. Had me accomplish several small projects that were a bit boring. In the end, I learned that this was not what I wanted to do. I was the only intern.

Try to have more interns and assign them certain projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!