Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,510 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Opportunity to learn and grow while working with some of the best professional experience in the world

Team Lead/Lead Mechanic (Former Employee)
Fort Irwin, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat work models, pay, benefits, time off, regular opportunities to advance, opportunities to transfer to other work sites or cross-train into another field, full open-door policy all the way up to the top.

ConsLittle supervision on some sites, union biases from supervisors at times, difficult work conditions (rain or shine the work gets done), and often the work is done outdoors regardless of the climate conditions (cold, hot, wind, sand, and humidity- doesn’t matter), pay generally compensates for difficulty, though the “military mentality” is the general culture where some may find this kind of environment difficult to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunity to advance is available to everyone including company provided training/cross-training to other fields, college reimbursement, easy transfer to other locations or work sites through an open-bid process (state-side, around the world, or the shop next door). One-on-one professional counseling from Human Resources, management, and training specialists to aid in promotions.

Northrop Grumman Corp

Planning Engineer/Weapons Technician (Former Employee)
Point Mugu NAWC, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: You are allowed freedom to work in a friendly atmosphere. At least… Cons: I have no CON feelings from NGC. I enjoyed the… Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course and keep our country strong and free with your innovative products. Make the last year of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to work

Electronics Technician (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Ability to move up quickly or across multiple programs because… Cons: The only cons that I have seen is the difficulty cutting through the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.