Northrop Grumman

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman Corp

Former Employee - Planning Engineer/Weapons Technician in Point Mugu NAWC, CA
Former Employee - Planning Engineer/Weapons Technician in Point Mugu NAWC, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are allowed freedom to work in a friendly atmosphere. At least I was while working on the F-14A, B and D flight test programs.

Cons

I have no CON feelings from NGC. I enjoyed the 33 years I worked for the company

Stay the course and keep our country strong and free with your innovative products. Make the last year of employment and length of employment options a bit broader to encompass longer time for retired personnel more effective

1862 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Opportunity to learn and grow while working with some of the best professional experience in the world

Former Employee - Team Lead/Lead Mechanic in Fort Irwin, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead/Lead Mechanic in Fort Irwin, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work models, pay, benefits, time off, regular opportunities to advance, opportunities to transfer to other work sites or cross-train into another field, full open-door policy all the way up to the top.

Cons

Little supervision on some sites, union biases from supervisors at times, difficult work conditions (rain or shine the work gets done), and often the work is done outdoors regardless of the climate conditions (cold, hot, wind, sand, and humidity- doesn’t matter), pay generally compensates for difficulty, though the “military mentality” is the general culture where some may find this kind of environment difficult to work in.

Opportunity to advance is available to everyone including company provided training/cross-training to other fields, college reimbursement, easy transfer to other locations or work sites through an open-bid process (state-side, around the world, or the shop next door). One-on-one professional counseling from Human Resources, management, and training specialists to aid in promotions.

System Administrator

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment and people. Lot to learn.

Cons

Hard to advance in career

Recognize the young talent and provide advancement opportunity

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman