Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Supported the AEHF 4 and 5/6 Production Programs for the project control of a major component. Responsible for the init

Current Employee - Program Cost Schedule and Control Analyst IV in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is reowned for developing quality products for the US military. It is a solid company with great benefits and many growth opportunities.

Cons

When the defense budget is cut, there is a "domino effect" on government contractors. That is the downside of this business.

I enjoy a management style that allows their employees to be creative, innovative, and that allows for team playing.

1857 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Northrop Grumman Corp

Former Employee - Planning Engineer/Weapons Technician in Point Mugu NAWC, CA
    Former Employee - Planning Engineer/Weapons Technician in Point Mugu NAWC, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are allowed freedom to work in a friendly atmosphere. At least I was while working on the F-14A, B and D flight test programs.

Cons

I have no CON feelings from NGC. I enjoyed the 33 years I worked for the company

Stay the course and keep our country strong and free with your innovative products. Make the last year of employment and length of employment options a bit broader to encompass longer time for retired personnel more effective

Opportunity to learn and grow while working with some of the best professional experience in the world

Former Employee - Team Lead/Lead Mechanic in Fort Irwin, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead/Lead Mechanic in Fort Irwin, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work models, pay, benefits, time off, regular opportunities to advance, opportunities to transfer to other work sites or cross-train into another field, full open-door policy all the way up to the top.

Cons

Little supervision on some sites, union biases from supervisors at times, difficult work conditions (rain or shine the work gets done), and often the work is done outdoors regardless of the climate conditions (cold, hot, wind, sand, and humidity- doesn’t matter), pay generally compensates for difficulty, though the “military mentality” is the general culture where some may find this kind of environment difficult to work in.

Opportunity to advance is available to everyone including company provided training/cross-training to other fields, college reimbursement, easy transfer to other locations or work sites through an open-bid process (state-side, around the world, or the shop next door). One-on-one professional counseling from Human Resources, management, and training specialists to aid in promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman