Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Company goes all out when they really want to hire you. Relocation package included. Generous travel reimbursement.

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Newport News, VA
Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Newport News, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company has a lot of contracts with the DOD and are always looking to create new ones. It is a company whose upper management knows how to keep the work ($$$) coming. They plan well in advance to assure a successful future. The pay is pretty good and they provide training to assure your success on the job. A very well organized system. Best experience with a company so far.

Cons

The only cons is that a lot of the work may be boring paperwork and following strict procedures, but that is the price to preserve our country's vital national security interests secure. Very strict with breaks and to keep everyone very efficient they do not allow internet access except for travel maps. Obviously this restriction keeps many employees from being fired for improper use of the internet.

Don't change all the things that work so well.

1960 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

It is what you make it.

Current Employee - Project Management I in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Project Management I in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time

Pros

We live, work, and play super close to the beach.

The salary let's you live reasonably well, just watch those non-discretionary bills like happy hours, cable/internet, and of course: eating out.

Northrop Grumman has been around for many years, and has acquired numerous companies throughout it's history: One day you're working with a new grad, the next you're with someone who built a Space Shuttle in Palmdale, or a military test pilot from New York!

There is no shortage of uber-smart people around.

Cons

Huge age gap, which the entire Aerospace/defense industry is trying to address before it becomes dire.

There's still people printing documents, signing them, scanning them, and then sending it thru email - we build satellites for Pete's sake!

The cute girls are few and far between - you can check out the beach/soccer mom's in Manhattan Beach though!

Flow down more information, let us know more about the "big picture."

Or just tell us about how you got to your position, what other chances could you have explored AND why did you not?

Goog benefit with pension plans

Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert Level V in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert Level V in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Comparing to most employers, NG has a very good benefit package, which includes two pension plans. Vacation days start from 17 and employees gain 1 additional day every two years.

Cons

Big overhead, of course. This is a large company.

Reduce overhead