There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Your standard Beltway Bandit - NG is just another large defense contractor that needs techies out billing the government

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

NG has some great contracts doing amazing things. NG also tends to have stable contracts that can easily go for 5+ years, so once you're on a contract and get along with the COTR and your PM, you have a great deal of job stability.

Cons

Working at a client site really cuts you off from feeling connected to NG. There's a tendancy to allow the PM too much freedom in hiring friends that might not be fully qualified for their positions.

Do more to keep people working on client sites connected and pass through a greater amount of the bill rate to employees.

1761 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Not the best and not the worst

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Carson, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Supportive of outside work life most of the time, excellent and affordable fitness center, generally a good staff to work with

Cons

Poor education reimbursement, upper management needs improvement in developing young talent, raises and promotions could be better, some projects have too many layers of management

It still does not feel like One Northrop Grumman. Some sectors are still more desirable to work at than others. Benefits and perks should be the same across the board. The young talent does not feel committed to this company, and NG will lose them unless they show them they are serious about developing into the next technical and management leaders.

What is Northrop?

Current Employee - Cost & Schedule Analyst I  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Cost & Schedule Analyst I in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

One great thing about Northrop is that we have a 9/80 shcedule which allows us to have every other Friday off. Also, we have a shut down at Christmas and we don't have to use our vacation.

We also have some cool Employee Resource Groups such as Connect1NG.

Cons

Unfortunatley there are way more cons than there are Pros. What is especially dissapointing about NGC is the management. There are many worthless managers here who have no idea how to treat people, they've gotten to where they are by riding the coat-tails of others. Having said that, I guess it's just like every other company. They tell you one thing and do another. Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

Most of the management here suck. They are a bunch of cowards who don't stand up for their employees. Grow a pair and start standing up. Also, start rewarding people for a job well done. Give them more challenging work and show your appreciation for those who bust their ass.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!