It is what you make it.

Current Employee - Project Management I  in  Redondo Beach, CA
Current Employee - Project Management I in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time

Pros

We live, work, and play super close to the beach.

The salary let's you live reasonably well, just watch those non-discretionary bills like happy hours, cable/internet, and of course: eating out.

Northrop Grumman has been around for many years, and has acquired numerous companies throughout it's history: One day you're working with a new grad, the next you're with someone who built a Space Shuttle in Palmdale, or a military test pilot from New York!

There is no shortage of uber-smart people around.

Cons

Huge age gap, which the entire Aerospace/defense industry is trying to address before it becomes dire.

There's still people printing documents, signing them, scanning them, and then sending it thru email - we build satellites for Pete's sake!

The cute girls are few and far between - you can check out the beach/soccer mom's in Manhattan Beach though!

Flow down more information, let us know more about the "big picture."

Or just tell us about how you got to your position, what other chances could you have explored AND why did you not?

Other Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great place to not exert yourself

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hours. 980 (every other Friday off). Virtually impossible to get fired for anything other than budget cuts. Very low expectations. Promotions are on a timer - you get promoted after X number of years, not after demonstrating your worth. Very attractive if you don't want to work very hard.

Cons

Enjoy your 2% raises while the CEO rakes in upwards of $20 million every year. No promotions/pay increases for the top performers. Some bonuses are given out very discretely, but are not very large at all (typically less than a signing bonus from any other NG's competitors). HR has an absolute death grip on the company. First level management is generally terrible. The company cannot stop re-organizing (I was part of 6 re-orgs in about 4 years). The facilities are hazardous to your health - especially El Segundo and Manhattan Beach. The stuff floating around in the water and air is literally toxic.

Do not work here if you are young, motivated, and expecting big things for your career. You will find yourself pigeon-holed, doing 3x as much work as the 25 year veteran sitting next to you, who is getting paid at least twice as much as you.

Quit.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Electronics Technician  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to move up quickly or across multiple programs because the company likes to use its resources to their full potential.

Cons

The only cons that I have seen is the difficulty cutting through the bureaucracy that can short circuit a project as it is getting off the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!