Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Goog benefit with pension plans

Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert Level V in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert Level V in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Comparing to most employers, NG has a very good benefit package, which includes two pension plans. Vacation days start from 17 and employees gain 1 additional day every two years.

Cons

Big overhead, of course. This is a large company.

Reduce overhead

1857 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Overall a good company

Current Employee - Software Development Analyst I in Auburn, AL
    Current Employee - Software Development Analyst I in Auburn, AL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers I have had are very flexible. They allow everyone in software development to work from home 2 days a week and don't mind you working from home if you or a close family member is sick. 6 weeks until I went on maternity leave, my boss called me and told me that he would allow me to work from home until I delivery my baby. I live an hour away from the facility so that was very nice of him.

My workload is as I choose it to be. I can take on as many projects as I have time for. There are also a lot of opportunities to gain lead experience or to move over to admin or database work. If you want to go back to school or take up a certification, the company will pay $15K per year in my sector. I really like working for this company.

Cons

They aren't upfront about pay so you don't know if you are being paid fairly or not. There are also secret bonuses that certain people get offered discretely. Lastly, promotions are kept quiet. There are some level 2s and 3s that will only list Software Development Analyst on emails and such. Because pay isn't published, you don't really know how to plan your career path.

Keep up the good work but please let HR know we would like salary information so that we can better determine our career paths.

Good, Interesting work

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in McLean, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large company -- many opportunities exist to make lateral transitions and expand your career

Cons

The company is large enough that it has to manage by the numbers -- it can't take care of individual employees like it did in the past. Your career development is 100% on your shoulders and your continued employment is 100% on the company's shoulders. In all fairness, I was layed off by this company and it was a total surprise to me at the time which clouds my review.

I don't have any advice to management, it's a pretty good leadership team. My advice is to employees: don't think you're indespensible (even if you are), and have 6 months salary saved up -- 3 months is not enough in the current environment

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman