Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,518 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Decent place to work -- yet needs to change to survive

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor 95% of the time, NG does indeed value its employees. They offer relatively competitive salaries and good benefits. If you are in even the low level management bands, you are likely to be included in a bonus plan that depends on your performance and your unit's performance through a complex formula. NG (for now) has managed to pick the best strategic markets to survive the drought in defense spending.

ConsThe other 5% of the time, however, NG leadership manages to destroy whatever good will and confidence from its staff through mindless layoffs or capricious leadership. While NG has among the best engineering talent in industry, it oftentimes lacks the business discipline to harness that to actually win work (a lesson LM learned long ago). Just because they build it does not mean that the customer will buy it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRoll up your sleeves and involve yourself in your business, including actually understanding your bids. Do what you say 100% of the time. One mistake will nullify 100 "attaboys". Realize the markets are changing - customers and competitors - so confront that reality.

I am satisfied with Northrop Grumman.

Systems Engineer III (Current Employee)
Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Provides exposure to multiple disciplines. Cons: Employee appreciation does not truly reflect achievement or contribution. Advice to Senior Management: Get more projects, portfolio could be more diversified. More

So much disappointment and frustration after four years in engineering at Northrop – Rolling Meadows.

Engineer (Former Employee)
Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunity to work on some fascinating technology. Opportunity to do some… Cons: There is entirely too much management at this company. There are Engineering Project Managers, Program Managers, Logistics Program Managers, Engineering Functional Managers, the list… Advice to Senior Management: For the past 10-15 years, we’ve enjoyed a virtual flood of money from the Pentagon and our allies. It didn’t matter if we treated… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.