Interesting Experience

Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely innovative company, very smart and qualified people.

Cons

Very bureaucratic and slow moving processes hamper employees ability to do things quickly. Everything needs multiple levels of review and signatures. Something as simple as a new employee getting set up with a computer that can access the internet can take as long as a week.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman Changed My Life by Otea Leonard

Former Employee - Product Trainer III in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Product Trainer III in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, Team Oriented, Pay Well, and leadership is known to everyone. No one Northrop Employee is lesser than the other. As Product Trainer III on AHLTA II; I was able to work between Alabama's Redstone Arsenal and Fort Rucker and was very highly respected as a Northrop Employee; despite having crossed over from Integic Corporation.

Cons

Cannot remember cons of Northrop. I have gone on to hold technology patents and so much more since having left Northrop Grumman. However, if you're on a contract, beware. Lay off's came yet I was one who was proactive and had already planned my exit in order to prepare for attending Harvard University. However, despite security concerns; I still believe my co-workers should have been told to prepare for layoff's. Regulations allowed this due to the small number of employees there were to be laid off. Not enough to warrant early notification apparently. This was unfair. Then again, such is life.

Advice to Management

Please consider an 'Explorer' type program that potential stellar candidates as well as students may take a peek at Northrop from the Inside. Internships are a commitment and many are just curious. Possibly more live interaction as opposed to online sources. Job fairs and internsips are merely a start! Was last at Northrop in 2006.

2. Good People, Good Reputation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with very bright, dedicated people. I had the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as I could handle. Very much a team environment.

Cons

Company is risk adverse, decisions are made slowly if at all. People tend to not rock the boat. Compensation and benefits are average.