There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good People, Good Reputation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with very bright, dedicated people. I had the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as I could handle. Very much a team environment.

Cons

Company is risk adverse, decisions are made slowly if at all. People tend to not rock the boat. Compensation and benefits are average.

1801 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn government defense contracting and engineering skills, regardless of if you are an engineer or not.

Former Employee - Logistics Intern
    Former Employee - Logistics Intern

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A very developed, accessible training program. One has great potential to see engineering projects from the ground up. Management supports employees with the resources and flexibility to get projects done the way they are intended to.

Cons

There are several hoops and issues get financial resources from the government customer, as in with any other defense contractor. Because everything the company does is very engineering focused, if you are not interested in permanently working in this environment, it is not for you.

Northrop Grumman Changed My Life by Otea Leonard

Former Employee - Product Trainer III in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Product Trainer III in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible, Team Oriented, Pay Well, and leadership is known to everyone. No one Northrop Employee is lesser than the other. As Product Trainer III on AHLTA II; I was able to work between Alabama's Redstone Arsenal and Fort Rucker and was very highly respected as a Northrop Employee; despite having crossed over from Integic Corporation.

Cons

Cannot remember cons of Northrop. I have gone on to hold technology patents and so much more since having left Northrop Grumman. However, if you're on a contract, beware. Lay off's came yet I was one who was proactive and had already planned my exit in order to prepare for attending Harvard University. However, despite security concerns; I still believe my co-workers should have been told to prepare for layoff's. Regulations allowed this due to the small number of employees there were to be laid off. Not enough to warrant early notification apparently. This was unfair. Then again, such is life.

Please consider an 'Explorer' type program that potential stellar candidates as well as students may take a peek at Northrop from the Inside. Internships are a commitment and many are just curious. Possibly more live interaction as opposed to online sources. Job fairs and internsips are merely a start! Was last at Northrop in 2006.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman