Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Northrop Grumman Changed My Life by Otea Leonard

Former Employee - Product Trainer III  in  Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Product Trainer III in Chantilly, VA

Pros

Flexible, Team Oriented, Pay Well, and leadership is known to everyone. No one Northrop Employee is lesser than the other. As Product Trainer III on AHLTA II; I was able to work between Alabama's Redstone Arsenal and Fort Rucker and was very highly respected as a Northrop Employee; despite having crossed over from Integic Corporation.

Cons

Cannot remember cons of Northrop. I have gone on to hold technology patents and so much more since having left Northrop Grumman. However, if you're on a contract, beware. Lay off's came yet I was one who was proactive and had already planned my exit in order to prepare for attending Harvard University. However, despite security concerns; I still believe my co-workers should have been told to prepare for layoff's. Regulations allowed this due to the small number of employees there were to be laid off. Not enough to warrant early notification apparently. This was unfair. Then again, such is life.

Please consider an 'Explorer' type program that potential stellar candidates as well as students may take a peek at Northrop from the Inside. Internships are a commitment and many are just curious. Possibly more live interaction as opposed to online sources. Job fairs and internsips are merely a start! Was last at Northrop in 2006.

Other reviews for Northrop Grumman

Wonderful company to work for

Pros

Good benefits, smart, intelligent workforce

Cons

Defense business in the decline

Very good experience with Northrop Grumman

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

I loved working for NG. They are very forward-thinking and they take care of their employees. There was a sense of pride and patriotism working there. They view employees as capable and responsible.

Cons

As with most large organziations, it was somewhat bureaucratic. I would like to work there again. But, unless you are experienced in defense and aerospace, it's hard to get in.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!