Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,506 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

A great place to learn and grow - seriously

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPerhaps not as well know about Northrop Grumman is the immense training opportunities. Having had a Master's degree paid for in full, I can attest to value of the education reimbursement benefit alone. Further than that, however, there are online training resources from multiple providers which is great for collecting continuing education requirements needed to keep certifications active. Some of the System Administration/Cyber folks really like the automated record-keeping for turning in their credits.

Northrop Grumman also has developed many great internal training programs which have *always* been fantastic. Particularly good courses have been Earned Value for Large Programs, Six Sigma Black Belt, PM1, and all of the Capture and Proposal courses. Some of these programs are notoriously intensive - as in find a local hotel and prepare to work late. In addition to these internal training offerings, there are internal Communities of Practice (CoP) which have events as large as some international organizations. For example, there is the System Engineering community which has a large convention at the Los Angelos space campus. There is also a very thriving Agile CoP which has had industry leaders (like current Agile authors and even the lead from Caterpillar Tractors).

ConsThe slight ding on the Job Security score is do simply to the nature of the defense industry. The market will force management to make cuts at the expense of employees - fee is sacrosanct.

Great, Wonderful place to work!

College Intern (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Northrop Grumman as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Northrop was a great place to work. The people i worked with specifically were… Cons: I would say as an intern i had very little… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Slow start, but a GREAT place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than a year

Pros: Northrop Grumman provided a competitive salary, good benefits and rewarded… Cons: The hiring process was slow and bureaucratic with a number… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.