Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great place to start a career if you luck out with the right project, team, and manager

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

0) Work-Life Balance, 9/80 Schedule
1) You get to do a little bit of everything: Design, Code, Test, etc.
2) You can work on different projects to get experience in other areas like Hardware or VLSI
3) You get time to learn and even though there are deadlines the environment isn't stressful
4) Good benefits like Education assistance
5) Monetary rewards (TAP rewards) & recognition (Everyday Heroics) for doing a good job

Cons

0) Some of the tools are outdated and frustrating to use
1) I wish the pay was higher, at least a $10k - $12k bump where level 1s start at $75k
2) Some new employees don't get interesting things to do and aren't challenged enough

I like my managers, I don't have anything to say other than keep up the good work.

1956 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

I have a great boss who supports me and I have been able to work on many interesting projects.

Current Employee - Fellow Electrical Engineer
    Current Employee - Fellow Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Northrop Grumman is a very large company, but it has sites which are both huge as well as tiny that are involved in many different things. You can move around and try different things and see what fits you best. I also like that they offer an optional brokerage window as part of their 401K which allows you to choose your own investments.

Cons

Some NG sites are unionized (not engineering), which if you are a hands on kind of engineer, can be extremely aggravating. i have never worked at one of NG's unionized sites so I do not have personal experience at NG with their unions, but I have worked at a different company that had unionized labor before and it was a substantial annoyance. Picking up a soldering iron could get you a union grievance filed against you.

Great atmosphere, management, and team environment

Current Employee - Logistics Planner in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Logistics Planner in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good management, room for growth!!

Cons

Not sure yet. I have been with the company for three years now... I have yet to find something worth complaining about.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman