I had a fantastic time!

Former Intern - Software Engineer
Former Intern - Software Engineer

I worked at Northrop Grumman as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, even for an intern. I was really pleased with management, they were very supportive and helpful.

Cons

It's a little hard to get some meaningful work as an intern since pretty much everything is classified. My commute was also a little rough.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

A once great technology company now run by clueless Accountanys

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some new technology programs but only on West Coast

Cons

Divisions being shut down to force experienced employees to retire

Advice to Management

Experience is seldom valued until problems arise. Only then can the vaue of experience be measured.

Balancing act of keeping employees happy, while defense $$$$ dry up.Top heavy Managers just trying 2make2 retirement.

Current Employee - E T A in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - E T A in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NG does not like to let workers go. Many of us built the floor they walk on. NG seems to find niche other Defense contractors miss, so we stay working. Community involvment, outreach, family friendly. Attractive surroundings, VP engaged w/ workers. Ive been there 35 yrs and I couldn'tbe prouder of what I put in the planes/pilots I helped get home after every mission. I haven't had 1 plane equiped w/my equipment knocked out of the sky. Its a good co. That lets you do that.

Cons

The Defense cuts are devistating the industry. $$$$ isnt always going where it should. Help those who are just collecting a check to find another way outside the co. Chasing those Defence $$$$ has turned us into a politically correct culture. Promotions = Women. Many are deserving, but its embarrassingly obvious. After 35 yrs Ive seen alot.... much more in the 1st 30 than in the last 5.

Advice to Management

Upper managment needs to be honest with Middle managment. C'mon 1 manager for 2-3 subordinates !!! Be just as honest with those who fitted 100's of F15's, B1, B2, and on and on and made it look simple. Those who build, tested and fixed all the equipment that made those flying machines safe to venture into harms way. Those who work as hard today as they always have. I waz taught if you worked hard and did ur best, it paid off. I see that slipping alittle. I will always appreciate what NG gave me; Pride and a Salary. But Im afraid that may be changing. I sure would love to get a few hours with someone in upper managment. Not because I have ill will, but because its hard to watch NGC along w/ Defense falling so far from where it was. I really believe I have a unique insight and perspective that would help from ths assembler fo Engineer to Manager. So much is being done great, but much is not. I wish us all the best and always will. I will confess that after 35 yrs. My anonymity isn't that big a deal, but I was never one for breaking what seems could be an unspoken rule.