There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Has been better.

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great experience and a lot of great people

Cons

Starting to forget about the employees.

To much focus on overhead and saving a penny.

1793 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Very dissatisfied after 7 years

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The group which I work with is the best group of professionals I've ever worked with. I've learned a lot and I've been able to make some meaningful contributions. The 9/80 schedule makes it easier for employees to maintain a better work/life balance

Cons

I've had some bad supervisors over the years but my current supervisor is the worst I've ever had. After being in the work force for more than 20 years, never have I had a worse one until now. My current supervisor does not give me any direction and goes out of their way not to communicate with me. When this supervisor does speak to me, it's to remind me of all the past mistakes I've done. As a result, I've discovered this place is not the most nurturing of places to work.

Over the last 5 years, NGC has diminished their employee benefits. Medical insurance costs have gone up, according to NGC, due to the passage of the Health Care Reform Act. As a result, co-pays have doubled and our health care insurance rates have gone up as well.
    NGC had also taken away 5 days of personal time off during XMAS and New Year's.

Get better front line supervisors or perhaps give them a refresher course on positive supervisor/employee communication

Stuck in the past, little innovation, too much management.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time

Pros

Exceptional work life balance. I was never asked to stay late. 40 hour work weeks, on the dot, plus the 9/80 schedule.

Higher management is competent, and responsive. If you can ever find time to get a hold of them.

Cons

Employees seem to just want to "do their hours" and get home. There's no passion for the product.

Too much middle management (and old middle range engineers), filled with self centered and arrogant people who have been in their positions for decades. You do it their way, or it doesn't happen at all. It's trickle down engineering. The higher ups make all the decision and there is no consideration given for ideas that come from below, regardless of their merit.

Engineers have seemingly been there forever. Some looked at me quizzically when I asked Java questions.

Nobody would really listen. And that's the problem. The younger people have good ideas, but the entrenched management just doesn't listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman