Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good work life balance, not very challenging work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, no more than 40 hrs a week needed to complete work. People in general are friendly

Cons

Work isn't the most challenging, if you looking for a 9 to 5 and don't want to grow your skill set it can become complacent. If you want to learn more and be cutting edge you won't like environment. Top performers are not recognized anymore than sub par performers have to bite your tongue and ignore it.

1953 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Very dissatisfied after 7 years

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The group which I work with is the best group of professionals I've ever worked with. I've learned a lot and I've been able to make some meaningful contributions. The 9/80 schedule makes it easier for employees to maintain a better work/life balance

Cons

I've had some bad supervisors over the years but my current supervisor is the worst I've ever had. After being in the work force for more than 20 years, never have I had a worse one until now. My current supervisor does not give me any direction and goes out of their way not to communicate with me. When this supervisor does speak to me, it's to remind me of all the past mistakes I've done. As a result, I've discovered this place is not the most nurturing of places to work.

Over the last 5 years, NGC has diminished their employee benefits. Medical insurance costs have gone up, according to NGC, due to the passage of the Health Care Reform Act. As a result, co-pays have doubled and our health care insurance rates have gone up as well.
    NGC had also taken away 5 days of personal time off during XMAS and New Year's.

Get better front line supervisors or perhaps give them a refresher course on positive supervisor/employee communication

Has been better.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great experience and a lot of great people

Cons

Starting to forget about the employees.

To much focus on overhead and saving a penny.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman