For the day i was hired till I left, I hated working for NGIS

Current Employee - Cyber Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD
Current Employee - Cyber Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly don't have one good thing to say about the company.

Cons

Co-workers were out to get me because I was younger cheaper talent. HR could not have screwed up more getting me on the job site. It took a month ! Once I did start working on the job site, I had two people who had been on the contract for 6 years basically talk crap to me day in and out till I left, because of their fear of me taking their job. Management was well aware of the situation and did nothing.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. exempt vs non exempt employees

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary for most employees is great, which in turn employee longevity is almost certain. People are friendly and can be helpful to help a person transition into new work environments.

Cons

Recognition to employees other than exempt is not visible. Due to the longevity of a lot of employees, it is very difficult for a non exempt employee from other companies to bring their experience, work abilities, work place knowledge from other companies into the Northrop Grumman work place. With all the layoffs and RIFS people (exempt) are not disseminating their workloads as they should and are overloaded with work.

Advice to Management

Treat the exempt and non-exempt employees more equally. Manage your staff to effectively take some of the burden off of overworked employees by encouraging dissemination of work to someone else with a less work-load. There are so many meetings that people cannot get their work done. Management should figure out a way to cut back on the meetings to allow for a better progression of work and take off some of the work load.

2. Experience varies between departments

Current Employee - Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits flexible hours educational reimbursement

Cons

Work may be mundane at times. Technically not as challenging as a PhD or masters would want the work to be. Working your butt off may not get you the raise you deserve because " there are others with greater seniority waiting for the promotion "

Advice to Management

Please facilitate those who are technologically hungry to excel and make a contribution to the company. In doing so the company retains talent, contributes to society , and stays ahead technologically