There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

it has been really good!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great co-workers, bosses, and decent benefits.

Cons

Sadly as with all companies in this current environment, benefits are getting cut back.

Don't let the bean counters run your company. It is the employees that make or break a company. Do right by your employees and they will do right by you!

1755 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Where to begin?

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting industry, exposure to government contracts, good resume builder if you can stand to stay long enough

Cons

When I arrived for my first day, I found out that the person who hired me had retired and nobody knew which department I was supposed to be in, who would be my manager, where my desk was, etc. I did not have a computer nor any training or communication with anyone at the management level for 1.5 months. I sent my resignation to an administrative assistant in the office where HR finally found me a place to sit and I never heard back from anyone regarding it.

Please see cons section.

Adventurous - With Ups and Downs

Current Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Carson, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a great company with nice compensation depending on experience. It is a large company with many opportunities to enhance your career, so it is easy to stay in just one company. Since it is large, each program has its own culture, leadership and process. Generally, managers do look out for you when you need another project to go to. There are a lot of company jobs out there that you can also apply for yourself. Since it's a defense company you have a chance to work with many interesting military technologies and challenges. Just like anywhere, a good reputation counts at Northrop Grumman, which will be advantageous when you need to transition to another project, or position.

Cons

It's easy to feel comfortable in the same position, so try to learn as much as you can about other functional areas so that you can understand the business, and enable you take advantage of new opportunities.

The opportunities are not always available in California.

Leadership varies among project and organizations.

I'm not sure if this is a company wide issue, but I find that in the past, some hiring managers fail to follow-up with job seeking employees, and don't return emails or phone calls. Managers should communicate with the employee directly or via the Talent System and provide the status of interview process, whether denied, in-process, etc. I understand that there may be a lot of candidates to consider, but at least inform the job seeker, so that other arrangements can be made.

When there are important technical issues to be solved, perhaps management should consider and encourage all team members in the project to participate, and not just work group members. Sometimes non-working group members may have invaluable insight which may lead to a better solution. Cultivate an open communication among employees, and catch and reward good behavior; the reward doesn't have to be monetary. Grow employees so that the project can improve by taking advantage of the existing skill set of each employee, which may extend beyond his or her functional area. Encourage employees to cross-learn other functions areas, doing this may lead to better solutions, and ultimately a better product.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!