Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Run-of-the-mill large defense contractor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really enjoy practically all the people I work with. Benefits are pretty good for older employees, but for new hires, they have stopped offering pensions. 10 paid holidays, plus PTO. Most of my bosses have also been great to work for, that makes all the difference. Since its such a large company, if you are not happy with your current assignment, there are opportunities to move to a different area. Education is reimbursed. Flexible work hours, including telecommuting. I am happy with my compensation, not that I would turn down a raise.

Cons

Its a large bureaucracy, so expect anything to new to happen at a glacier pace. Like most companies, favoritism and nepotism abound. Lately (the last few years or so) corporate has decided that every part of the company needs to have exactly the same benefits and tools for performance reviews and so forth; the "one NG" policy. Lately, even though the company has done well, very little of that trickles down to the low level employees.

Walk around by yourself (sans an entourage) and meet and talk with the people who work for you - it will make a great impression that you actually care about them as people, and not just numbers.

1967 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Multidisciplinary, intellectually challenging workplace

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people and good work-life balance. Some projects are challenging and interesting. Many opportunities to explore hardware, software and systems engineering.

Cons

Top-heavy management
    Not enough early- and mid-career coworkers. Hard to bond with coworkers who are decades older and near retirement.

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Team environment where everyone is working together to complete a common goal.

Cons

Depending upon the business unit you are assigned to there can be alot of unpaid overtime.

As part of the bid process allow more time between tasks because your employees burn-out very quickly with all the tight timelines.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman