There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman provides a excellent work environment with great benefits.

Current Employee - Computer Systems Security Analyst III in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Computer Systems Security Analyst III in Washington, DC

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work and being able to to work with other strong performers and provide a service to the government keeping it safe and secure by what I do on a daily basis.

Cons

Learning the office politics inherit in government jobs, and not only educating yourself on these nuances but learning that navigating around roadblocks in successful mission accomplishment takes a lot of time and energy which often you have to self-learn if your in a remote assignment.

Advice to Management

Keep in contact with your personnel working solo or small contracts and insure mentoring is a high priority, and that you let the employee know they are important to success and not just dollars earned for the company but in customer satisfaction with the employee working the contract.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stability at it's best.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely stable environment with reasonable to slightly above average pay for an Engineer working in Defense. Very ethical company with a good and very structured management hierarchy. Training budget is increasing starting 2014, and the company provides unmatchable time-off polices with a flex-time work schedule. No other company can give you better work-life balance.

Cons

Northrop is very process oriented, and new employees unfamiliar with defense will need to get accustomed to it. In order to increase profit, NGC is slowly taking away the little "perks" we used to have as NGC employees. Salary is decent at best, but consistently hard workers who exceed expectations will be rewarded in the long run.

Advice to Management

Challenge the younger employees while they are fresh out of college. They are the future of this company and provide them with growth opportunities. Promote FTL and SEA to the younger folks.

Corporate Giant SUCKS!

Current Employee - Program Manager III
    Current Employee - Program Manager III

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay pretty well for the 60 hours a week they expect you to put in.

Cons

Company ripped me off!!! They took money out of my check for Health Insurance long after I asked them to stop and then refused to refund it. They are a corporate giant with lawyers and no common sense, they owe me $1000 and I will never see it. Don't trust anybody.

Advice to Management

Think about what damage people you screw over can do to you.