There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Beware if you weren't referred by someone already there - Keep your Resume active!

Former Employee - Windows Administrator  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Windows Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The pay was competitive, The manager (SH) is competent and has been in the role a long time.

Cons

Lots of nepotism, the deputy managers and leads are very aggressive. The leads don't seem competent in the area they are leading. No communication, you have to research everything yourself. There are cliques and brown-nosing is a must to receive good increases. Too many different teams and I was often finding out information about my team from cross-talk from people outside the team. The constant change of work-order/pay codes gave an increasing sense of disorganization - at one point forcing employees to leave an area with one day notice because their contract expired.

Hire people who know the job, and who know how to manage and not lead by fear and intimidation

1762 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Good job, not a bad company, but definitely not software minded.

Current Employee - Engineer I  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Good Benefits! Its also a job! Got a clearance! I work on a smei boring job here in Melbourne, but I have heard other places as working on some state of the art activities. Melbourne location is for support of JSTARS and Tanker which isn't a drag, but it isn't innovative.

Cons

Very little advancement. Sit in a cube all day. Management doesn't listen to its grunts. Takes a long time to start using new technology. We aren't even using IE 7 yet and IE 8 is about to be released. We are still using SQL Server 2000, when 2005 has been released for 3 years now. We are not on the cutting edge at all.

If your a software company, start giving perks like a software company does!

It could be better, but it could be a lot worse.

Current Employee - Engineer V  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer V in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

NGC provides our military with some of the most advanced systems available today. Being a part of creating these solutions provides real incentive for performance. NGC has a wide variety of employment opportunities in fields ranging from Ships to Aircraft and Space Exploration. Whatever your endeavor or desired location NGC has it. Once onboard the company allows for easy transition between openings across the company, so as you grow or just become bored you are free to move to other positions with better opportunities. The company even provides significant benefits in the form of tuition assistance (up to 100%) to help you in your growth pursuits.

Cons

Management changes frequently based on the "hottest" projects and so does the style of each manager. Every new manager must have it done their way, which frequently disrupts effective existing processes. This can lead to significant heartburn for employees who are on a schedule to complete a given job on time and on budget. While the company pushes to be leading edge in the development of new technologies and systems they are often too eager to try every new gimmick that comes along. Jumping on the bandwagon for every new "buzzword" is not innovative it's sheepish. As employees we are just along for the ride.

Listen to the experienced engineers, they are your most important tool for continuity. Consider the opinions of the new engineers as they are the source for new and fresh ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!