Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

NG is OK if you are in the 'CLICK" if not you just report for work and hope you dont get laid off.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsBenifits are good, I will give them that. 401 is the bomb. The work life balance is ok for some positions and very good for some others, if you are in the good ole boys ring of people i imagine it is quite enjoyable. If not it is just a job. I have been here for 7 years and our leave has been cut back twice (to save the company money so they can survive) but yet every quarter is a record setting quarter in profits. Good for your profit sharing accounts!!

ConsWe are constantly being asked about engagement. Everything they ask about and you bring up, they have a "Green Plan" to fix the issue but then again next year it is exactly the same. Same issues, did not fix what was broken from the previous year so why are you asking us again. This town only has a couple big organizations so if it sucks you still have to stay with it or go over to another company that is just as phony as this one is and wont look at you if you are over 40. You know who you are Cap1. So we stick to this one and hope you are not laid off. We have had 2 layoff sessions in the past 3 months and they are not groups but random people that otherwise there is no pattern. Maybe just the money they make is the pattern or you are not in the club with the boss man?? Dont like the poor little dirty kid on the street routine because they are not. They take that uniform off and reviel a tuxedo and caddy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop asking what is wrong and then get mad if we tell you. That is the super annoying part. They want you to be frank about the issues then they say you are not a team player if you do pass on your true thoughts. No room for advancement excapt again the chosen few. Lets reorg for the 20th time and rename everyones title except for the worker bees who never go anywhere. They stay where they are until the end of time.

Corporate Giant SUCKS!

Program Manager III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than a year

Pros: They pay pretty well for the 60 hours a week… Cons: Company ripped me off!!! They took money out of my check for Health Insurance long after I asked them to stop and then refused to… Advice to Senior Management: Think about what damage people you screw over can do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Growth available for those willing to put in some extra effort

Engineering Manager II (Current Employee) Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great products. Growth opportunities for those that can set themselves… Cons: Few of the Director level and above rose up through the ranks. (External hires). They can be out… Advice to Senior Management: Include first level management in planning. Will someone ever standup to the HR machine? Show me an HR rep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!