Summer Intern

Former Employee - College Intern I in Linthicum, MD
Former Employee - College Intern I in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Northrop Grumman part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule 9/80 Some managers try to help you succeed Most people are friendly with a few loners Workload is not overbearing Compensation is fair for an intern

Cons

Lack of networking activities Nepotism is evident throughout the company Relocation assistance was denied because I was 2 miles short of 50 miles one way No paid time off for interns

Advice to Management

Set up more activities outside of work for the interns to network.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great company for those looking for a safe job

Current Employee - Business Management Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Management Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, great starting pay. The best work-life balance one could ask for - generous vacation and every other Friday off (paid). Nice people.

Cons

Often very bureaucratic, and management cannot keep track of employees. Very hard to move vertically, and salary will never be spectacular. Great place to start a career, and then move elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Increase salary incentives for MBA graduates, pay more attention to individual employees. Stop giving plain template performance reviews and expecting everyone to mold their job description and goals around the same uniform questions.

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities, never board and decent development. Lots of mobility and nationwide opportunities as well as international.

Cons

company constantly getting rid of benefits, very political (but all big corps are), can be long hours and a lot of pressure.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep young employees, PAY US! We don’t care about all your fluff programs trying to "make a better working environment." I work for money, not because it’s a 'fun' place. If you want to increase my engagement, increase my pay simple as that. I don’t care about after work mixers, leadership seminars and such that I have to do on my own time. When my workday is done, i want to go home to my family, not work social events or 'networking' events. That just promotes kiss-ups not hard workers. Not to mention most of the people involved in those programs spend a good part of their WORK DAY working on such programs....not very ethical if you ask me. So to sum it up, less fluff more PAY.