There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Overwhelming policies and procedures.

Former Employee - Network Engineer
Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Northrop Grumman is a large, structured organization. The systems and products are important and participation in them gives a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

There are endless policies and procedures, many of which seem inconsistent and poorly thought out. There is relatively little opportunity for independent initiative.

Increase local autonomy and responsibility and focus on strategic goals. In a large organization (120k+ employees) not everything is the same everywhere.

1789 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Typical Defense Contractor Job

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Great schedule, flexible hours. Not too difficult work. Interesting programs. HAs the potential to be really fun. After doing some decent research, have found my compensation with regard to salary, is fair. Very stble and safe company in this economy.

Cons

Slow, boring tedious work, when it could be really fun. No one seems to be enjoying life, At times I feel like Im working with robots. Greeting others with "good morning" is rarely returned. Meetings are held ad nauseum. Poor collaborative efforts with other off site teams. Careers can really stagnate if you are not in the "club". I have never seen my dept org chart, cannot qauntify the number of people in my department. In short, working here you realize you are a small cog in big wheel. Not much is expected. My performance review had exact writing as last year, to the letter. Come to work, do your 9 hours, get something done and go home, repeat process until weekend. They have even out sourced HR, so be prepared to press 1 for english,then your MYID number, then date of birth, then last four of social, and stay on hold until someone in Dallas Tx can pick up the phone. We have two on site HR members and still cannot figure out what they do. Its a job, it pays for the weekends.

Stop letting EVMS bean counters run programs and focus on quality, this is stifling innovation.

Average Experience

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The dynamics of the environment. So many different people you work with. NG is truly a EOE

Cons

didn't like the structure within the company. really felt like just an employee number

Please be a bit more competitive with salaries for entry level

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman