Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Great place if you like the big company feel.

Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsThere are definitely a large array of directions you can take to advance your career. The capital of such a large company makes it very easy to ask for things and get them, speaking in terms of equipment and supplies anyways. The online learning deal they have it pretty awesome too. You can, in your spare time, become certified or licensed in a variety of skills that will prove valuable on your way to the top of the corporate ladder. Personally, I could have learned JAVA and similar programming things if I wanted to, and once I passed all of the testing you could get a certificate saying you did it!

ConsIt's a big company, so response time is slow. There are too many hoops to jump through in order to get anything done. The cost to the customer is far too high, but that is to satisfy the overhead costs of such a large corporate structure. Being in such a large community, it's even harder to become recognized, which also sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn general, the management was great at my local level. They were typically very responsive and helpful. My one gripe would deal with the recruitment service. I interned for 2 years and got a verbal offer during the christmas of my senior year in college. That verbal offer was nice, but it was no solid guarantee when or where I would be placed. When the summer came around, after about 6 months of talking back and forth, I still had no written offer, so I had to accept employment elsewhere. About 3 weeks into my job, I was sent an offer and obviously declined it. I was told that it was unprofessional of me to keep an employer on the leash for so long and then leave them hanging, even though that is exactly what they did to me.

Overall, A Great Place to Work, But...

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: A large company with plenty of opportunities nationwide. Plenty of different… Cons: ES promotions to higher engineering bands (5+) are based on academic achievements like education level (MS, PhD), number of white… Advice to Senior Management: NGES should look to other NG sectors (like AS) and compare promotion criteria. Higher level promotions should not be limited to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company to work for

Software Development Analyst V (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: Top 6 IT Consulting company in US by Gertner Cons: Not much information Sharing and Practice development Advice to Senior Management: Need to get more focus on streamlining IS sector with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!