Northrop Grumman
3.4 of 5 1,510 reviews
careers.northropgrumman.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Would not recommend this company.

Engineer I (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

ProsIf you like working on defense contracts, and don't mind paper work, it isn't a bad place for job stability (and knowing what to expect on a day-to-day basis) when there are plenty of contracts. Watch out when contracts are about to end, though.

ConsOnce contracts come to a close, you may be laid off (it's the nature of defense contracting). Middle management is pretty inept in terms of assigning adequate work and encouraging career growth. Everyday operations are incredibly inefficient and riddled with large amounts of paperwork and Powerpoint presentations, but very little actual design work. Promotions are given out based on tenure, not merit. And raises are given out based on averages amongst people with your same job title, so all-in-all, raises are given just at the level of inflation (or a bit lower).

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage hard work by rewarding people based on merit, not tenure. Apply company policies with integrity, do not use them as excuses to penalize employees.

northrop grumman is a decent place to work

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee)
Pascagoula, MS

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: It is a very respectable company with many contracts so… Cons: It has a large amount of employees (12000), hard to get recognized sometimes and would possibly be hard to work… Advice to Senior Management: remember the small guys who make you who you are, senior managment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: There are good training opportunities. There is diverse work.… Cons: There are more processes and procedures to follow than at a smaller place. Things… Advice to Senior Management: Some people want to be technical and invovled in the business side of things at the same time.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northrop Grumman CEO Wesley G. Bush. All reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees.