Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Great Experience for Interns

Current Employee - Intern  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Intern in McLean, VA

Pros

Northrop Grumman provides a really great intern program. It keeps all the summer interns around the sector to be involved, learn, and socialize with other interns during the summer. They take pride in their intern program and want them to be more like employees than interns. They provide meaningful work during the summer so it doesn't feel like that stereotypical intern job of getting coffee and making copies.

Cons

From the perspective of an intern, you won't get feedback very often like you would in an academic environment. It is an adjustment and really the only con.

Keep the interns involved ni meaningful projects. We gave up our summer to come work here. We want to gain as much experience from this position as possible.

Other reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good company, for a contractor

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Competitive salaries, if you know what to ask for (otherwise they'll naturally pay less). The management respected us as people working at the client site, and didn't micro-manage us. They are very reasonable about travel expenses. The administrative staff are very supportive, and the company will back you, as long as you keep the client happy.

Cons

Some of the bureaucracy was obnoxious -- the way you had to log in to the NG site, how hard it was to find information on the NG websites, the complexity of submitting travel expense claims, etc. They sent too many unnecessary emails from corporate and required that we read them. And I needed multiple usernames and passwords just for the company internal tasks.

Redesign the employee functions on the websites to make it easier to find things. Simplify logging in and make it so you can do everything with one username and password. Keep on-site employees better informed about other opportunities within the company, on other projects, so people know they have options and don't have to leave the company if they're getting stuck in their present position.

a good company to work for in general

Current Employee - Engineer IV  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer IV in San Diego, CA

Pros

the company has rooms for employee to grow

Cons

the offices and parking lots all are packed

none

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!