There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

a good company to work for in general

Current Employee - Engineer IV in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Engineer IV in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

the company has rooms for employee to grow

Cons

the offices and parking lots all are packed

Advice to Management

none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Benchmark for Defense Contractors

Current Employee - Program Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

NGC provides the stability and career progression that one might expect from a company of its size, but is also oriented toward taking care of employees.

Cons

Probably like many of its peers, NGC can be suffocating, slow-moving, and its compliance processes can be mind-numbing. Agility is not a consideration.

Advice to Management

Great care has to be taken to ensure "compliance" does not replace "performance". Line Managers must be supported, not hindered.

2. Good company, for a contractor

Current Employee - Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Competitive salaries, if you know what to ask for (otherwise they'll naturally pay less). The management respected us as people working at the client site, and didn't micro-manage us. They are very reasonable about travel expenses. The administrative staff are very supportive, and the company will back you, as long as you keep the client happy.

Cons

Some of the bureaucracy was obnoxious -- the way you had to log in to the NG site, how hard it was to find information on the NG websites, the complexity of submitting travel expense claims, etc. They sent too many unnecessary emails from corporate and required that we read them. And I needed multiple usernames and passwords just for the company internal tasks.

Advice to Management

Redesign the employee functions on the websites to make it easier to find things. Simplify logging in and make it so you can do everything with one username and password. Keep on-site employees better informed about other opportunities within the company, on other projects, so people know they have options and don't have to leave the company if they're getting stuck in their present position.