Northrop Grumman

Management Accountability

Current Employee - Electronic Engineer III in Topeka, KS
Current Employee - Electronic Engineer III in Topeka, KS

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

technologically advanced environment, surrounded by the industry's top talents

Cons

no room for advancement. in large corporations, extreme competition exists. many avenues for growth and exposure yet no opportunity for advancement/ recognition.

analyze system workflow for potential faults. Implement adopted safety measures to avoid liability.

1829 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Northrop Grumman, Still A Good Place To Work!

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

I’ve been with NGC for over 20 years. A solid reputation for getting the job done helped me survive the layoffs in the 80s & 90s. The main reasons I stay are the people, relationships, the opportunities and job stability. I've worked on so many programs and learned more than I ever imagined, worked my way up from a draftsman to a site lead. The opportunities are availalbe, if you are willing to work hard. Finding the right leadership is necessary to make a difference. All those friends that left in the 80's are all starting to come back to NGC. Glad i stayed and built a solid network which helps me accomplish my goals.

Cons

Unfortunately, some programs still endorse the "good old boys" network. It's sad to see this thriving and how it intimidates employees. The politics involved make my head spin, it's amazing that we can actually produce a product with people spending so many calories jockeying for position and power. I've watched it for 20+ years and can't believe it's still alive in this day and age. Grow up gentlemen, it would be nice to see you focus on your employees and the task at hand instead of pointing the finger at someone else for your shortcomings! Be accountable to your teams, not power hungry and empire builders!

Change with the times! Stop the politics! Do what's best for the employees!

I like NG

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Monterey, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

good advancement opportunities and everyone is very helpful.

Cons

I work on an off-site location and there are not a lot of daily perks. We work this client and have to follow their rules. BUt that is about it. I like my job and managers.

Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe give a little more pay to the people who make the contract go.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman