There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

So of the best professional experience I have ever had in my career.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sierra Vista, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

For the team I was on - great synergy, always worked with the latest technologies. Some of the things we developed were very progressive and innovative - leading edge stuff. That had a lot to do with the customers and their missions.

Cons

For that particular project, not enough space for all the people who worked on the project. It got better with time though. I think fewer retired military in senior positions would have made a big difference too.

I think management back east would do well to look to hiring Senior Managers for the Sierra Vista area from places outside of the local area. Certainly some people with more a more technical background would likely help.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not as great as it should be.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The work itself is quite interesting. The projects have real world impact and I enjoy being a part of that.

Cons

Recognition for long and hard work is lacking. Managers do not know how to keep the team motivated and maintain a positive work environment.

HIgh level leadership is working on improving the work culture. However, I'm not convinced middle-management is truly on board. They treat it as "important", yet give the impression that they just want to get high scores, check the box, and pat themselves on the back.

2. Very frustrating

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Good benefits, high salary, retirement plan

Cons

Very poor increased sales incentives, very high corporate overhead, very weak management support, very large management overlay, too many decision influencers and too long to make a go forward decision on new sales opportunities.

Why did you disband the sales compensation plan and layoff the Business Development leadership without offering a reason or alternate plan for existing Business Development staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman