Good company to work for if you are blessed with a good management chain.

Current Employee - Software Development V  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Software Development V in McLean, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

I work in a relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Like all other companies, employees are paying more for health care coverage. The long-term employees who are maxed out on vacation recently lost a day of vacation (25 days to 24 days) and were told that it was a good thing. New people get less pension benefits. You could be a number unless you purposely stand out.

1. Pay more of the health care dollars. 2.Consolidate the many company networks into one well working network. 3. I would perfer having a local help-desk person.

Other Reviews for Northrop Grumman

It's a very good place to work

Current Employee - Production Planner (A2)  in  Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Production Planner (A2) in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The flexability to start new programs, if a need can be shown. A flexable work schedule that spans the pay period. I am recognized by management and peers for the effort I put forth. The ability to move around to different jobs within the company has become much improved. It used to be that unless you were asked to apply for a job, you didn't dare apply. Failure to follow this unwritten rule was cause to be "blackballed"and the offender's career was over.

Cons

The environment of the shipyard is hard. The good-old-boy network is slowly leaving, but not quick enough. When ther is a problem, there is often more finger pointing, than a desire to find the root cause. This has changed somewhat, but its still prevelant.

Responsibility should be upheld where responsibility is given.

Decent Place to Work

Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Configuration Management Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

From what I understand experiences can very greatly depending on the project. I'm fortunate to work at a project where everyone has their own office, there is an annual bonus of 10-15%, and we can work from home one day a week. Also, there is hardly any over time. I don't have to carry a pager or cell phone. They do pay for training but it does depend on how much we have in the budget for it. I think the pay is very good compared to other similar positions but it may be unique to the project I'm on.

Cons

The good experiences I have are not company wide. Not every project gets the same benefits that I get on my project. In many cases, you could be working in a cubicle, not allowed to do any telecommuting, and working over time. It's completely dependent on the project. They do allow you to purchase up to an extra week of vacation but both your sick leave and your vacation time come out of the same bucket. The only company sponsored fun event is the Christmas party and it's nothing spectacular. I do work in a group where we rarely work overtime so I'm fortunate.

They promote based on political reasons and personal likes/dislikes rather than ability. At least that's what I've seen. Also, even when people are completely imcompetent, they're scared to fire them because of lawsuits.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!