There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Great pay but communication could be better

Current Employee - Logistics in Tinker AFB, OK
Current Employee - Logistics in Tinker AFB, OK

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

You are compensated more than fairly.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between management and employees. When circumstances dictates meeting a time critical schedule the management doesn't fully explain why it's time critical and what the outcome would be if not met. Furthermore when an employee does go "beyond" the call yea there is a pat on the back but not in front of peers where it has some meaning. A manager will give praise in private and scorn in public. All management training I had tells me the opposite. Praise in public, scorn in private but since the money is good I will continue to work here as I really enjoy my standard of living.

Come work with me for a day and see what I do for Northrop Grumman.

reviews filtered by

A Top-Tier Company

Current Employee - Engineer I in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

The compensation is good. I get to work on tasks that are related to my major. There are alot of great people working for the company. You feel that the work you do is helping the defense of the country.

Cons

You wonder how the projected shortfalls of the defense budget in the next few years will affect you. It is also difficult to see what possibilities for advancement exist in the future.

Give workers more of an opportunity to become familiar with other related projects. I work in a small team. I would like the opportunity to visit other parts of the company and see what they do, especially related to the field I work in.

2. Remember your valued employees

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Solid company with great benefits It has been around for a long time and will be here for some time to come.

Cons

not enought compensation, need better pay range. The ability to grow with the company and having a mentor to get me to the next position would be a very good start.

Proovide more training for professional growth. follow up with the changes and how it inpactes all workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman