Northside Hospital

www.northside.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northside Hospital

I am very satisfied with my employment at Northside

I have been working at Northside Hospital

Pros

The opportunities for advancement are great. The employees are friendly and willing to help others. Northside as a whole is involved in areas that allows the employees to partake in volunteering in various areas. They also give quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Northside's time off is different from other companies, theirs is PTO (paid time off). However, it's nothing that they actually give you, you accure the time from time worked.

I think they should at least give their employees the standard 9 to 10 holidays off with pay and not take the time back from your accured (PTO).

96 Other Employee Reviews for Northside Hospital (View Most Recent)

I have been treated well at Northside and this is my second time working there.

I have been working at Northside Hospital

Pros

pay is above average.
    most people are friendly and helpful.
    opportunities for growth and development.
    some of the best doctors work there.
    cafeteria food is excellent.

Cons

job security is low.
    need more staff for workload.
    most staff are overloaded/overwhelmed with work to keep up with standards.
    high staff injury/illnesses due to understaffed departments.

Being understaffed is not good for moral of employees.
    start a program for people who have records to get on their feet, call it "second chance program"- you will probably get more dedicated/long term employees who appreciate the opportunity to start over (non-violent offenders of course). It would increase their confidence and decrease more crime in one step.

Disrespect of the professional nursing staff by many of the managers.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northside Hospital

Pros

Northside Hospital in Atlanta is know as "The Baby Factory" in the US. With Northsdie Hospital on your resume, a nurse is almost guaranteed a position at another hospital. This aspect trumps the disrespect to the professional nursing staff shown by many of the managers.

Cons

The employee insurance is not up to par with other hospitals in the area. There is no set schedule to your work schedule, and there are many "call-off" days. The only means of food for the employees on the night shift is McDonald's, sack lunch from home, or delivery.

Many of the professional nursing staff have higher degrees than management. Please treat us as intelligent adults that have the skills to care for and nurture our patients. Since there are so many "call-off" days, why do you continue to hire more nurses?

There are newer employer reviews for Northside Hospital