There are newer employer reviews for Northside Hospital

The best way to appeciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.

Pros

Medium sized hospital that has a decent pace to it. It's located in Florida so you can't beat the weather:) Seems to be opportunities to advance if that is your desire.

Cons

Cleanliness could be improved across the board. For profit means not as much money is rolled back into the facility for new equiment, etc instead it goes to the shareholders. Often working very lean during certain times of the year. Workload tends to be seasonal which means call-offs.

Advice to Management

“The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work.” - Agha Hasan Abedi

Other Employee Reviews for Northside Hospital

1. I will stay at Northside

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Northside has a good reputation in the community and I am proud to say I work there.

Cons

Management seems disconnected from the everyday staff. Nurses pay is not up to the rest of the area. We do not celebrate "Nurses Week" Northside prefers to call it "Patient Care Week" . I worked hard from my degree and license I would like to be acknowledge for it and not put in the same category as PCT's who have a 6 month training certificate.

Advice to Management

I would like management to acknowledge an employees good work record including attendance, timeliness, willing to pick up shifts when needed. ICU nurses should also have a higher pay scale than Med/Surg nurses.

2. Beautiful place to work

Pros

Great co-workers, place is growing at a fast pace, loads of opportunties for career advancement and movement within the organization. All the rooms are private even in the ER. I think it is great that Senior management knows most employees by their name.

Cons

Not the greatest healthcare benefits. Little advancement in the area of computerized documentation

Advice to Management

Need to get in the 21st century with regards to computerized documentation.