Northwest Community Hospital
www.nch.org Arlington Heights, IL 1 to 5 Employees

i am so glad i came here

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Prosthey actually "walk the talk" by that i mean that upper management treats us like we are supposed to treat our patients.
for example: when we had a bad snow storm a couple years ago, freezing cold. the CEO and HR Dir. were in the garage thanking people w/ a blockbuster gift card. then they walked thru the hospital doing the same thing.
i came from a hospital which :said: "Patients come first" but actually their message was "make it look like patients come first and closely control the $$"
not that my hospital hasn't had the typical downturn in this recent economy, we have. but spirits are high, vacancies are very low. and even when we had a freeze on raises they made it palatable.

Consno on-site child care, [nevertheless we were awarded 100 best places to work.]
they are slow to make changes. we just got computer charting 2 yrs ago. and we are still not totally paperless yet. ex: computer Dr orders are still gradually being phased in.
meals are rather expensive- except breakfast.
we are going to consistent uniform colors [that can be good but also $$ in transition]

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work. continue to be visible. and even more when the economy is slow

The staff and management cares about customer's satisfaction

Acute Care Staff Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Northwest Community Hospital

Pros: The Transformational leadership in the hospital provides opportunities for the staff to… Cons: Due to the economic situation, there are many changes in the insurance benefits, salary merit and other issues to cut down expenses. Sometimes, the nurses… Advice to Senior Management: Our hospital values customer satisfaction, internal and external. As a staff nurse, I believe that the management should be more sensitive to the needs of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A fair employer and a great place to work.

I have been working at Northwest Community Hospital

Pros: Good location, competent leadership, large employer in area, adequate benefits. An organization which has an interest in maintaining a good reputation in the… Cons: For many years now, construction on the main campus has been a serious disadvantage to patients and staff. Some staff, and some patients, feel that the… Advice to Senior Management: Increase lead time on bad news to employees about benefit cuts/pay cuts/pay freezes. The better signage, patient care carts, good volunteer staffing, and other efforts to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Northwest Community Hospital.

Worked for Northwest Community Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwest Community Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwest Community Hospital CEO Steve Scogna. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwest Community Hospital employees.